motorhome places Delphi
Motorhome place campsite Delphi
Motorhome place Chrisse campsite
Motorhome place Apollon campsite
Delphi, Pictures of the city and surroundings
Delphi, Pictures and general information
- Itea , a not very charming small town, is located on the north coast of the Gulf of Corinth and serves as a good starting point for a trip to Delphi, to whose municipal districts it counts since 2011.. The excavations are about 15km away..
The coastal plain around Itea is very fertile.. So here is Greece´s largest contiguous olive grove with 500,000 olive trees..
* 3000 BC. First witnesses of the settlement of Kirra, a settlement near Itea, which today belongs to Itea.. Kirra was the port of the holy city of Delphi.. There was a strong fortification wall, large temples and statues..
* 740 AD Destruction by an earthquake
* 1830 Foundation of the new city and rapid development as a large commercial port
* September 17, 1827, Frank Abney Hastings, a Philhellene and admiral of the Greek fleet, destroyed in the nearby bay Salona the flagship of the Turkish fleet..
Itea today has a harbor where pleasure boats can moor.. There are numerous restaurants, taverns, cafes and pubs along the refurbished, palm-lined harbor promenade.
It has been reported that motorhomes are not welcome here..
- Delfi , or Delfi, Delfion or Dimos Delfion «the latter is the official name» is a Greek community «Demios» in central Greece, which were incorporated in 2011, many smaller towns..
The new community formed of several districts, although governed from Amfissa, was named Delfi after its most famous landmark, the sanctuary of Delfi..
Modern Delphi is located 1km west of the archaeological site on the main road from Amfissa to Arachova..
Inevitably, this new city was built in 1892, because the inhabitants of the original village Kastri had to relocate in favor of the excavations..
The town today lives almost exclusively from tourism
Honorary citizen of the city is the President of the European Commission, José Manuel Barroso
motorhome places Delphi in these books
RV sites in the area
- Campingplace Ayannis Camping, 33200 Itea/Kirra, Eparchiaki Odos Iteas-Distomou
The course is situated by the sea with many shadowy places. (Campingplace)
- Motorhome place, 33200 Itea , Eparchiaki Odos Iteas-Distomou 67-79
The place is really great especially after a visit to Delphi.. Wcheaufhgen is not natural.. But we must not be surprised if there are problems (Overnight parking, tolerated in the winter)
- Motorhome place am Hafen, 33052 Galaxidhi, Ethniki Odos Antirriou Iteas
very nice car park at the port of Galaxidhi on the north coast of the Gulf of Korinth.Herrlicher view of the city and the opposite Yachtkai tap water by the side of the middle Taverna (Overnight Parking lot)
- Motorhome place, 33052 Galaxidhi, Patron-Lamias
nice beach place, accessible by paved road, a little steep (Overnight Parking lot)
- Wohnmobilparkplatz Agio Vasilis Beach, 33052 Galaxidi
A small parking lot to linger.. Calm.. Only a few cottages in the area.. Clean beach (Overnight Parking lot)
- Motorhome place, 32003 Distomo, Agiou Nikolao
Parking space for 1-2 nights on the beach in a quiet location. (Overnight Parking lot)
- Motorhome place, 330 58 Eratini Hafen
large parking lot behind the port, but on sand and muddy in the rain or to the station in the harbor to the pier, then fixed, but not as much space. Whether the ... (Overnight Parking lot)
- Motorhome place Park- und Übernachtungsplatz am Kloster "Seliger Lukas", 320 05 Distomo, Choris Onoma
Small, very secluded park and overnight stay in beautiful surroundings. (Overnight Parking lot)
- Motorhome place, 25003 Diakofto, Filipopoulou 222
This place is a good place to stay and is also suitable for a bathing stay (pebble beach) for several days.. A working shower with water removal is available. ... (Overnight Parking lot)
Event near the camperplace