motorhome places Ioannina
Motorhome place campsite Limnopoula
Motorhome place Liggiades
Ioannina, Pictures of the city and surroundings
Ioannina, Pictures and general information
- Ioannina is the capital of Epirus and has 103,000 inhabitants..
It is located in a plain west of the Pamvotida lake at 480m altitude..
The nearest major towns and cities are Arta in the south, Igoumenitsa in the west, Kalambaka and Trikala in the southeast, Preveza in the southwest, Kastoria, Kozani and Florina in the northeast..
* 6th cent.. Emperor Justinian founds a settlement
* 879 first documented mention in the documentation of the Council of Constantinople
* 1085 conquest by Southern Italian Normans, plant of first fortifications
Shortly thereafter reconquest by the Greeks
* 1204 Ioannina becomes capital Desporats Epirus
* 1318 Ioannina becomes Archbishop´s Seat
* 1264, 1290 and 1335 the Byzantines conquered the city again and again <13> * 1353 conquest by Serbian King Stefan Dusan
* 1385 takeover of power by the Florentine Acciajouli
* 1430 Turkish Conquest, Ottoman Occupation until 1913
During the long Turkish occupation, Ioannina became a key regional center of commerce.. Sultans and their families lived here, thus shaping the cityscape in a sustainable way..
Churches were destroyed and mosques built.. The population mingled, except Greeks and Turks live and lived here also Christian and Muslim Albanr, Jews, Italians, Aroumunen (Walachen)..
Peacefully, the peoples lived together in the city and Ioannina developed in the best sense to a multi-cultural center, especially by founding schools that soon enjoyed a great reputation and where Greeks and Muslim Turks learned together ,.
* End of the 18th century.. becomes a cruel ruler Sovereign in Ioannina, Ali Pasha, who cares a little for the orders of the High Porte and cooks his own soup.. He builds his own sphere of power by working with Greek insurgents who were dissatisfied with the Ottoman occupation, and enforces his interests with brutality..
He cooperates with France and the United Kingdom of Great Britain, to which he grants consulates at his court.. From 1807 the "Lion of Janina" (Ali Pasha) dominated large parts of Greece and Albania from Ioannina, which at that time had 35,000 inhabitants.. October 1820: A 15-month siege of the city and its dissident ruler by Sultan Mahmud II begins. 9 February 1822 Ali Pasha is succeeded in luring out of his fortress and assassinating him.. <8> 1863 Major fire in the trading district of Ioannina with destruction of 1300 shops
* 1912 End of the first Balkan war and Ottoman rule 1913
In the aftermath many Turks emigrated to Asia Minor and Jews moved continued.. The city lost its oriental character, many Greeks who had become homeless by the war settled down..
* WWII Ioannina is Italian
The old town of Ioannina is located on a peninsula on Lake Pamvotis, surrounded by the old city wall and a large gate..
Inside the old town
* Frourio Citadel
* Aslan Pasha Mosque, 1618 from the Ottoman period with museum
* Byzantine Museum
* Archaeological Museum
* Clock tower on Platia Dimokratias
* Cave of Perama, a few km north of the city
* Pamvotida lake with island
* Markets and lanes of downtown, where you Feels like being at an oriental bazaar
* University with 20,000 students and affiliated university hospital
This makes Ioannina a young, vibrant city with all its accompanying features such as cafes, bars, restaurants, strolling and shopping Shopping miles, including many shops for silver jewelry and embroidery..
In Ioannina, or the surrounding area, tobacco, grain and wine are grown and marble mined..
motorhome places Ioannina in these books
RV sites in the area
- Motorhome place Wohnmobil-Parkplatz, 45500 Amfithea, Pérama - Longádes
Small overnight parking right on the lake.. At the tavern continue and directly on the lake is a parking lot. (Overnight Parking lot)
- Motorhome place, 45500 Dodoni, Ioannina, Epar. Od. Dodonis - Melligon
There is a large lawn directly behind the amphitheater Dodoni.. In the field leading a dirt road, so that even large motorhomes no problem.. 50 meters in fro ... (Real motorhome parking)
- Motorhome place Tsoumerka Potistika, 45500 Tsoumerka
Beautiful, large picnic area in the forest, which is officially provided by the municipality as Tsoumerka Wohnmobilstellplatz available.. Unfortunately, the a ... (Real motorhome parking)
- Motorhome place Kipi am Fluss, 44018 Kipi, Epar.Od.Metsovou-Kipon
Even if it is a former sports ground, one has the impression of being in a park: The place is very large, fenced by tall trees and the river.. The underground ... (Real motorhome parking)
- Motorhome place Tsoumerka Lazena, 44013 Tsoumerka
Those in search of tranquility, this takes place on the small square in the beautiful mountain scenery.. This course is suitable for campers to 7 meters.. Th ... (Real motorhome parking)
- Motorhome place Gefiri Gogkou, 45500 Tsoumerka, EΠ
stellplatz ( It is a former, natural picnic area right on the river.. The place belongs to the community and is recognized as an official Wohnmobilstellplatz.. There is f ...)
- Motorhome place Zitsa am Kloster, 44003 Zitsa, Eparchiaki Odos Klimatias-Vissanis 2
Beautifully located, large parking space next to a monastery above the town of Zitsa, which can be reached on foot from the parking lot in about 750 meters.. ... (Real motorhome parking)
- Motorhome place, 44014 Greveníti
Beautifully situated nature park at 1,350 meters above sea level directly on the lake.. You can take walking tours and bike tours here.. Especially recommend ... (Overnight Parking lot)
- Motorhome place Dodini Tiria, 45500 Ioannina
Large Partitioned pitch right on the river, which is recognized by the community as an official Dodoni pitch.. On the square there is a fresh water tap.. The ... (Real motorhome parking)
- Motorhome place, 44001 Pramanda, Eparchiaki Odos Ioanninon-Sirakou
One of the dream places of Epirus!. Man standing in front of the entrance to the cave, which is shown separately from the municipality as the official RV park ... (Real motorhome parking)
Event near the camperplace