Tui, Pictures of the city and surroundings
Tui, Pictures and general information
- The Rio Minho forms the border between Spain and Portugal in the north and here begins our journey and ends in the south on the Rio Guadiana.. Between the two border rivers we discover the diversified Atlantic coast with its beautiful sandy beaches and picturesque rock formations.. Cities like Braga, Porto and, of course, Lisbon are on our route, as are the castles Sintra and Queluz and the monasteries of Belem and Batalha..
Of course, on this route you will not only find the well-known sights but also lovely little towns and villages as well as quiet landscapes that invite you to go hiking.. What would Portugal be without the Algarve?. Of course, we also explore this area..
Since this book was written specifically for WOMO riders, there are also a variety of camping and camping pitches, as well as places to stay, which can be used without any problems in the off-season.. To the squares there is detailed information about equipment and the corresponding coordinates.. Lots of pictures - you want to know where to go - are also included in the book..
Since there is no problem in Portugal to find LPG filling stations or supermarkets, only a few have been included in this book..
In order to maintain the timeliness of the book, I would be glad if you visit the portal meinwomo.. net announce changes or improvements..
And now have fun on your trip through Portugal.
- Portugal, this narrow strip of land in the southwest of the Iberian Peninsula is bordered to the south and west by the Atlantic Ocean and to the north and east by Spain.. 550 km from north to south and about 220 km from east to west, so the extent of the 88. 967 sq km country.. 10.6 million people live in 18 districts, with the hinterland and the south being very sparsely populated..
Already 133 BC. Lisbon is the capital of the Roman province of Lusitania.. In 1139, much of the country was liberated from the rule of the Moors, and Alfonso I Henriques became the first king of the country.. The age of explorers begins in the 14th century.. Henry the Navigator, Vasco da Gama and Magellan bring the country prestige and wealth.. After the assassination of Carlos I 1910, the Republic is proclaimed.. After a military coup Antonio Salazar 1932 head of government.. The dictatorial regime was overthrown in 1974, through the nonviolent carnation revolution..
For details on the history of Portugal, visit ONLINE here: Link
The landscape is characterized by
beaches with steep cliffs and beautiful sandy beaches
â€¢ vast, agricultural plains
â€¢ Mountain ranges with their peaks near the 2000 m
This diversity and the great wealth of cultural sites attract many visitors to the country each year, making tourism one of the state´s main sources of income..
Viticulture is also of enormous economic importance.. There are 41 recognized wine regions in Portugal.. Red and port wines are grown inland and white wines in the cooler north.. The Douro Valley is home to probably the most famous variety - Port Wine..
On our journey through Portugal, we repeatedly encounter three terms that are so characteristic of this country ,.
Azulejos : The Moors brought the "al zuleiq" «polished stones» to Spain and Portugal.. In the ancient Orient, the tiles were already used for wall cladding.. The oldest azulejos, which were originally colorful, can be found in the Paco Real in Sintra and the Conceicao Monastery in Beja.. They date from the 15th century. In the middle of the 17th century, a change in design took place.. The multicolor was replaced by cobalt blue and white.. In the Rococo pastel colors were used «Queluz».. Today you will find the Azulejos in many variants and not only at palaces and churches but also at the homes of ordinary people..
Manuelinik : Manuelinik is a Portuguese style that developed under the rule of Manuel I from late Gothic.. The lush ornaments represent a unique decorative style of Portuguese art. The Jerónimos Monastery in Belem is the finest example of this style..
Fado : In the early 19th century, fado began in Lisbon´s poor neighborhoods.. The melancholic melodies are about love pains, longings and strokes of fate.. Fado quickly spread in Portugal and new variants emerged..
When the Fado is sung almost exclusively by women, the Fadista, the Coimbra Fado is an exception. It is sung only by men..
More and more WOMO riders are choosing the country for wintering.. The infrastructure for campers has been significantly expanded over the past decade.. Open all year round campsites and pitches, extremely friendly and helpful people and the variety of a guarantee for a great holiday..
motorhome places Tui in these books
RV sites in the area
- Motorhome place Área da Silva, 4930 Silva, Lugar de Campelo
Private, paid camperplace, well equipped. (Real motorhome parking)
- Motorhome place, 36479 Salceda de Caselas, PO-403
Official Pitch associated with the congregation (Real motorhome parking)
- Campingplace Parque de Campismo Convivio LDA, 4920-020 Candemil/Vila Nova de Cerveira , Rua de Badao 1
Campsite in the forest with the possibility of accompanied walks and various cycle routes (Campingplace)
- Motorhome place Estación Depuradora, 36450 Salvaterra de Miño, Paseo Fluvial
Disposal and water supply at the municipal recycling center during operating hours from Monday to Friday, 8-15 clock. @ Accommodation is not provided, but you ... (Water- and Dumpstation only)
- Motorhome place, 4920 Vila Nova de Cerveira, Avenida dos Pescadores
Large, paved parking in a beautiful location (Overnight Parking lot)
- Motorhome place, 4920 Vila Nova de Cerveira
Municipal parking lot next to the bus station.. There are 4 reserved seats for campers, but on the next door car park there is additional parking. (Real motorhome parking)
- Wohnmobilstellplatz de El Sol, 36415 Mos, Santa Marta
Disposal and water supply for campers at a gas station.. The service is free, if you can refuel. @ It can also be accommodated, showers are available. (Real motorhome parking)
- Campingplace Camping de Covas, 4920-042 Vila Nova de Cerveira, N302 101
Vila Nova de Cerveira Camping de Covas (Campingplace)
- Campingplace Camping Playa America, 36350 Nigran, Rúa Telleira 12-16
The site is located Close to the city about 800 meters from the sea. (Campingplace)
- Campingplace Bayona Playa, 36393 Bayona/Vigo, Playa Ladeira Sabaris
Camping Bayona Bayona Playa (Campingplace)
- Campingplace Camping A Freixa , 36866 Ponteareas, Barranco Freixa
The place is open outside normal opening time on weekends. (Campingplace)
Event near the camperplace