motorhome places Delphi Greece
Motorhome place campsite Delphi
Motorhome place Chrisse campsite
Motorhome place Apollon campsite
Delphi, Pictures of the city and surroundings
Delphi, Pictures and general information
- Itea , a not very charming small town, is located on the north coast of the Gulf of Corinth and serves as a good starting point for a trip to Delphi, to whose municipal districts it counts since 2011.. The excavations are about 15km away..
The coastal plain around Itea is very fertile.. So here is Greece´s largest contiguous olive grove with 500,000 olive trees..
* 3000 BC. First witnesses of the settlement of Kirra, a settlement near Itea, which today belongs to Itea.. Kirra was the port of the holy city of Delphi.. There was a strong fortification wall, large temples and statues..
* 740 AD Destruction by an earthquake
* 1830 Foundation of the new city and rapid development as a large commercial port
* September 17, 1827, Frank Abney Hastings, a Philhellene and admiral of the Greek fleet, destroyed in the nearby bay Salona the flagship of the Turkish fleet..
Itea today has a harbor where pleasure boats can moor.. There are numerous restaurants, taverns, cafes and pubs along the refurbished, palm-lined harbor promenade.
It has been reported that motorhomes are not welcome here..
- Delfi , or Delfi, Delfion or Dimos Delfion «the latter is the official name» is a Greek community «Demios» in central Greece, which were incorporated in 2011, many smaller towns..
The new community formed of several districts, although governed from Amfissa, was named Delfi after its most famous landmark, the sanctuary of Delfi..
Modern Delphi is located 1km west of the archaeological site on the main road from Amfissa to Arachova..
Inevitably, this new city was built in 1892, because the inhabitants of the original village Kastri had to relocate in favor of the excavations..
The town today lives almost exclusively from tourism
Honorary citizen of the city is the President of the European Commission, José Manuel Barroso
motorhome places Delphi in these books
Delphi, Sights and other pois
Event near the camperplace