motorhome places Itea Greece
Motorhome place Ayannis campsite
Itea, Pictures of the city and surroundings
Itea, Pictures and general information
- Itea , a not very charming small town, is located on the north coast of the Gulf of Corinth and serves as a good starting point for a trip to Delphi, to whose municipal districts it counts since 2011.. The excavations are about 15km away..
The coastal plain around Itea is very fertile.. So here is Greece´s largest contiguous olive grove with 500,000 olive trees..
* 3000 BC. First witnesses of the settlement of Kirra, a settlement near Itea, which today belongs to Itea.. Kirra was the port of the holy city of Delphi.. There was a strong fortification wall, large temples and statues..
* 740 AD Destruction by an earthquake
* 1830 Foundation of the new city and rapid development as a large commercial port
* September 17, 1827, Frank Abney Hastings, a Philhellene and admiral of the Greek fleet, destroyed in the nearby bay Salona the flagship of the Turkish fleet..
Itea today has a harbor where pleasure boats can moor.. There are numerous restaurants, taverns, cafes and pubs along the refurbished, palm-lined harbor promenade.
It has been reported that motorhomes are not welcome here..
motorhome places Itea in these books
Itea, Sights and other pois
Event near the camperplace