motorhome places Kalamata Greece
Motorhome place campsite Golden Coast
Motorhome place in der Marina Kalamata
Motorhome place campsite Fare
Kalamata, Pictures of the city and surroundings
Kalamata, Pictures and general information
- Kalamata «in Greek "Schilffeld"» is a large port city in the region Messenia.. By the merger of different communities live today in the municipality of Kalamata about 70 000 inhabitants..
The name Kalamata «ancient Pharai» was given to Kalamata because of its location in the swampy delta of Pamisos, where there are plenty of reeds..
Towering over the town is the 13th-century castle, below the castle is the old town and the nunnery of Kalogreon, where famous silk fabrics are made..
* Old Town
* Nunnery Kalogreon, below the castle, famous for silk weaving
* 13th century apostle church..
* Archaeological Museum, Papazoglou 6, Tel. 2721 026410
* Ethnological Museum
* Summer Festival in the amphitheater of the castle, with concerts and performances of the Municipal Theater..
Due to several severe earthquakes, the last major on September 13, 1986, districts were often destroyed, which is why today´s cityscape is dominated by predominantly modern, which is not always the optical advantage..
Lively point of the city is the harbor with its large marina for pleasure boats..
Good source of income is the olive export, the variety "Kalamon" was named after the city..
motorhome places Kalamata in these books
Kalamata, Sights and other pois
Event near the camperplace