motorhome places Lefkada Greece
Motorhome place campsite Poros Beach
Motorhome place Parkplatz am Kanalleuchturm
Motorhome place Platz an der Drehbrücke
Motorhome place Windmillbeach
Motorhome place Milos Beach Resort
Motorhome place BusStation
Motorhome place Platz am neuen Rathaus
Motorhome place Burgruine Agia Maura
Motorhome place Tagesparkplatz zum baden
Motorhome place Parkplatz Gemeindehalle
Motorhome place campsite Kariotes
Motorhome place Parkplatz Restaurant Bilvi
Lefkada, Pictures of the city and surroundings
Lefkada, Pictures and general information
- Lefkada is an island in the Ionian Sea, connected to the mainland by a swing bridge that leads across a narrow canal.. When the swing bridge is out of service, a discarded ferry will be at the site as a "bridge", as shown below.
The island covers an area of â€‹â€‹295 square kilometers and is home to about 25,000 inhabitants «in winter».. It is located in the immediate vicinity of the islands of Ithaca and Kephallonia.. The name derives from Leukas, "the white one", leaning against the white rocks of the island in the south
their highest point is the mountain Stavrotas with 1158 m
* first settled in prehistoric times
* In the Middle Ages naval base of the Byzantine Empire, under the name of Santa Maura and erection of the fortress of Santa Maura by the Italian family Tocco..
* Turkish occupation from 1479-1502, from 1504 to 1684 and then again from 1715-1716
* 1716 Reconquest for the Republic of Venice by Field Marshal Johann Matthias von der Schulenburg, who had recently abolished the Turkish siege of Corfu would have..
* 1864 Union with the Kingdom of Greece
Lefkada has a smart tourism.. The construction of concrete castles was deliberately avoided.. You will find everywhere on the island small cute hotels and pensions and a few useful campsites..
Free standing is no longer tolerated in the summer months, at least not on the once very popular beaches such as the mill beach in the north, the mecca of kite surfers..
On the east coast, with its own watersports area, lies the capital city of Lefkada with its morbid charm, as well as places like Nikiana, Lygia and Nidri with the bay behind Vlyho
Nidri is a water sports and tourist center, firmly in the English hands and quite crowded in summer..
The West Coast boasts beautiful beaches with crystal clear waters, of which Kathisma and Katsiki are certainly the best known..
In ancient times, the Greek poet Sappho plunged into the sea from the heart of the white rock of Cape Leukas..
Vasiliki in the South of the Island is Surfer Hotspot and Small Ferry to Kefalonia
In addition to the surfers and kiters, Lefkada is also a destination for many sailing enthusiasts who can charter yachts in the large marina in the capital or for owners, who have their ships lying here..
Lefkada Town has all the shopping, countless restaurants, bars, cafes and tavernas, many general practitioners and a hospital
Important Telephone Numbers
Lefkada Tourist Police 26450-29379
Medical Center 26450-31065
Fire Station 26450-22199
motorhome places Lefkada in these books
Lefkada, Sights and other pois