motorhome places Kaunas Lithuania
Motorhome place Kaunas Camp Inn
Motorhome place City campsite Kaunas
Motorhome place Kauno IX fortas
Kaunas, Pictures of the city and surroundings
Kaunas, Pictures and general information
- The city at the mouth of Meris in the Memel was first mentioned in 1361.. Until 1410, the Teutonic Knights fought for supremacy here and lost it in 1410 with the Battle of Tannenberg.. For the city began the upswing as a trading city.. The seventeenth and eighteenth centuries were hard times for the city with the siege of the Russians from 1655 to 1661 and the Swedes from 1670 to 1732. The plague also raged..
In 1795, with the Third Polish Partition, the city was fortified in Russia and fortified by seven forts..
After a short German affiliation around 1915, the region around Vilnius became a Polish territory in the Polish-Lithuanian war.. In 1940, the Red Army occupied the city from 1941 to 1944, the German Wehrmacht.. This resulted in vile murders of the Jewish population..
Today the city with about 300,000 inhabitants belongs to Lithuania..
In the old town on the main square, Rotuses a.. , you will find
The Cathedral Peter-and-Paul, Vilniaus g..
the Jesuit Church,
the historic town hall
The Castle of Kaunas, A. Jaksto g..
The Church of St. George
The garrison church of Sabor, Nepriklausonybes a..
at the end of the pedestrian area
The Perkunahaus, Aleksoto g..
A Late Gothic Townhouse
Meno Parkas Gallery, Town Hall Square 27
With contemporary art exhibitions by the Lithuanian ArtistsÂ´ Association
Balta Gallery, M. Valanciaus gatve 21
With exhibitions of Textile Art by the Textile Art Guild
The funicular, Veiveriy g
On the high terrace above the river Memel..
The Devil Museum, V. Putvinskio gatvÄ— 64,
with about 3000 devils, as sculptures and carvings..
motorhome places Kaunas in these books
Kaunas, Sights and other pois
Event near the camperplace