motorhome places Neringa Lithuania
Motorhome place Nidos Kempinggas
Neringa, Pictures of the city and surroundings
Neringa, Pictures and general information
- A first mention of the place on the Curonian Spit comes from the year 1385th At that time the place was still about 5km south, but had to be relocated due to silting in 1675.. A new installation took place in 1730, the migration of the high dune Grabscher hook was the cause..
The nationality of the city, which today counts 1500 inhabitants, changed several times in the last century..
Until 1919, German Reich;
Until 1923, Völkerbunds-Mandatsgebiet Memelland;
Until 1939, independent Lithuania;
Until 1945, German Reich;
Until 1990, Lithuanian Soviet Socialist Republic,
Since then again to independent Lithuania..
The border to the Russian Kaliningradskaya oblast is about 5 km away..
Rebuilding since 1991 has made Nidden a tourist destination..
The Evangelical Church, Pamario g..
A gothic brick building from 1888
The artists´ colony
From 1900 many artists came to Nidden, among them Lovis Corinth, Max Pechstein and Karl Schmidt-Rudluff.. Today´s Nidos Smilte Inn was their meeting place..
The Thomas Mann holiday home
Built in 1929, he and his family spent the summer holidays here..
Today the house is a museum..
The Amber Mseum
The Fisherman´s Museum
One hundred years ago a typical fishing family lived in Nidden..
The beach promenade
From the famous promenade you have a wonderful view of the "Hohe Düne"..
The Glider Memorial
Designed to commemorate the pioneers of Lithuanian gliding with the monument to Ferdinand Schulz, the German glider world champion..
motorhome places Neringa in these books
Neringa, Sights and other pois
Event near the camperplace