motorhome places Vonitsa Greece
Motorhome place Wohnmobilpatkplatz Vonisa
Vonitsa, Pictures of the city and surroundings
Vonitsa, Pictures and general information
- Vonitsa-Anaktorio is a small Greek town on the south coast of the Ambrakian Gulf..
Official name for the municipality is Anaktorio, but is commonly used by Vonitsa..
* Antique First Settlement of Settlement
* 630 BC. Founding of the Polis Ankatorio by Corinth
* Anaktorios decline as the Romans north of Preveza founded the city of Nikopolis
* 5th century.. v.. The inhabitants of Anaktorios erect the Apollo Temple Aktio in the area of â€‹â€‹Aktio, remains can be visited in the Archaeological Museum of Preveza..
* 395 AD to 15 Jrdht.. Rebuilding the Settlement under the name Vonitsa
* 1081 Norman Conquest and Devastation under Robert Guiscard
* varied history in the following centuries, partly with, partly without conquest by the invaders
* 1479 conquest by the Ottoman Reich
* in the 18th century.. Re-conquest by Veneto, although in 1797 under French rule for a short time
* January 3, 1799 Treaty between Russia and the Ottoman Empire, in which the French possessions Ionian Islands, Preveza, Parga and Vonitsa were awarded to the Ottomans under Ali Pasha Tepelena> * 1829 after the end of the Greek War of Independence, Vonitsa becomes part of the Kingdom of Greece
* On October 4, 1862 Vonitsa revolts General Dimitros Grivas with insurgents against the Greek King Otto..
* March 23, 1983 Heavy earthquake with magnitude 6 on the Richter scale claims 7 injured and more than 150 damaged homes..
Today´s Vonitsa seems to us not too interesting, a rather inconspicuous, slightly dull looking Greek village, but with a nice waterfront to the Ambrakian Gulf..
Among the sights of the city is a very well-preserved Venetian castle..
motorhome places Vonitsa in these books
Vonitsa, Sights and other pois
Event near the camperplace